Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2015

Advertising (again again)


RIGHT, so I've already made a post about business cards but, let's be honest, they were fairly standard and not very me at all. So I've mad a bunch more and I really like how they turned out

First I made some nice simple ones to get used to using my images and logo on them and found it quite effective so I decided to make a few different types and alter them to make them appropriate for different aspect of the make-up industry. 
These two are pretty bog-standard and the layout would work for most, if not all, of my pictures. 
I like the one on the left much better than the right, because it's clearer and simpler, and I find that the text is lost on the right. Also I think, while using the same blue as in the make-up in the picture I chose makes it look a lot more professional at the front, the back definitely doesn't benefit from it. The filigarie is also a bit unnecessary, unless I was using it for a bridal look, in which case I would probably keep it.

So then I began experimenting with different layouts for different genres of make-up and came up with a few potential ideas:


 These two represent different aspects of my make-up; the horror, A&E, film make-up side, and the natural, photographic, bridal side. While they are both very different designs, I kept my contact details and logo the same on them, although on the bridal card my logo is in greyscale to make it look softer and more gentle.

While I like the different effects I can create for different genres, I went off the idea of having different business cards because I felt that it might become too confusing and there wouldn't be a clear link between them all. So I looked for a design that would be versatile enough to show all the different make-up styles that I can create, but also link all my cards together so that you can tell that they're mine. I wanted somthing stylish and dramatic but simple, sophisticated and professional.

And then I found the perfect design.

 It's dramatic, it's stylish, and it works for all kinds of make-up styles. I love this design and I'm happy with my decision to use these as my business cards for my exhibition. I think they they give off an aura of sophistication and style, with just enough creativity to show my personality through the design. The back features my logo and contact details without looking cluttered.

I tried the design with lots of different pictures of my work and each time it looked great so I'm very pleased with them. I think the design really makes my photos pop, and the fact that they're vertical instead of horizontal helps to make them quirky and unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment